Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Party - Part 3: the food!!

The FOOD!

What party is complete without fun food?!  It's hard not to take advantage of a sewer theme when it's right in front of you!

Algae & Worms 
 I just made a recipe of jello jigglers in a 13x9 pan and cut it into squares when firm.  Mix that with some gummy worms (1 pkg will do nicely), and presto, you have algae and worms!  A ninja turtle's finest dish....before they discovered pizza.

Drainage Dip




Any dip will do nicely here.  I was trying to stick with the green theme, and used a spinach artichoke dip.  Delish!

the Kraang!! (If you watch the show, this makes sense)
If you watch the cartoon on Nickelodeon, then I won't have to explain what the pink brains are.  I bought a brain candy mold off of ebay, and melted down some pink melting candies.  I put a mini marshmallow in each one, so that there would be something chewy on the inside, but that's completely up to the person making them.  You could use nuts, or add peppermint extract too, to add some extra flavor.

Sewer Sludge (aka Punch)
I made this recipe for the punch.  It was really good, and I loved the green color.

the Cake!
Of course, we also had pizza, a ninja turtle's favorite meal, but no birthday party is complete without a cake!  I found the cake pan on ebay and decorated it with the red eye mask, because he is R's favorite ninja turtle.


Upcoming:  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Party - Part 4:  Putting it all together





3 comments:

  1. Hey Karla! Love this birthday theme! My son is turning 4 this year and he loves his turtles! Can I ask where you found your TMNT Cake Pan? This style is VERY pricey everywhere I've found it online. Thanks for your help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily! I got my pan off of Ebay, then turned around and sold it after the party. I don't remember what I paid for it, but if you sell it after you're finished, it makes the price not seem so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please post instruction and tools needed to decorate this cake!? I'll be making it from box cake like Betty Crocker, but I can't find any instruction without having to use fondant. Please help!

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me